Monday, January 14, 2013

An emotional week..

       This week was a rough one.... I lost my dear friend Sarah. Sarah was an AMAZING person.. and there was never a time she didn't put a smile on your face. Sarah had been sick for quite sometime, but was a true fighter and was on the mend.... when an infection invaded her weak little body.. she had fought for so long that she lacked the strength to fight anymore. I last went to the hospital to see Sarah on New Years eve... she was her feisty self and was miserable being trapped in that hospital. Sarah s birthday is Jul 23rd.. which also happens to be the same day we conceived. On Jul 24th Sarah came into work and during our morning gossip.. she got goosebumps.. she looked at me and said "Oh my god Kylea.. you're pregnant.. I KNOW it" ... This being the next day.. I told her she was crazy and laughed it off. Well Miss Sarah was right.. I would find out a few weeks later I was indeed pregnant! From that moment on we joked that she was our fairy god mother! Sarah was also convinced that this baby was a girl and would be born Apr 5th or 10th (the day her mother was born.. and passed) :) Sarah couldn't wait to snuggle our babe... my heart breaks knowing that I am now unable to share this special time with my special friend. I am thankful that the last time I saw Sarah she was able to "feel" the babe.. she just lit up! I last spoke to Sarah on my b-day via phone (we thought she'd be moving to another facility so she had me hold off on coming up.. which I now regret) .. as we hung up ... we shared I loves you's.. little did I know that would be the last words I'd speak to me dear friend.. 

She'll forever be our fairy god mother...


       Whew... now that I've got the emotional break down over.. We are now in our 3rd trimester!!! Where is time going??.. Last Wed. we also began our Bradley Method classes.. so far so good! I truly think over the next 11 weeks we'll learn a ton to help prepare us for the birth we are seeking!

       I have also picked out the fabric for the bedding, I wanted to do a woodland theme... but I'm all about bright colors vs. the softer/warmer colors in a standard woodland theme. I decided that the only way i'd get what I wanted is if I made my own bedding.. I will also be doing some neat "animal" artwork! :)


       We also brought the crib up-stairs and put together! Now I just need to decided how I want it all arranged.. figure i'll wait till the recliner comes in before I worry about it!


       So thankful to to finally be in my 3rd trimester... viability is officially >90%! Which is an amazing sigh of relief ... I will bake this baby as long as possible.. but it's comforting to know that our baby doesn't "need" me to make it! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment